What does "Open-to-the-Public" mean?
Qualifying Events as Open-to-the-Public ( from SBMS )
All events (open to the public or other) occurring at BNL where there is an anticipation of foreign national participation, must be pre-approved on the Open to the Public Event Request Form by the Local Approving Official prior to submitting the Event Notification Form. An agenda for the event must be submitted with the Foreign Visitor Attendance Request Form. (see SPI 5-09 for details)
- The following events are open-to-the-public:
A. Events posted on the BNL Weekly Calendar of Events
B. Summer Tours and Student Tours
C. Community Relations Events
- Other events may qualify as open to the public based on a review by the Laboratory Deputy Director for Operations. When an event with foreign national attendees will require review, the hosting organization shall submit the "Open to the Public Event Request Form" (see Attachment F) to the Laboratory Deputy Director for Operations. Timeliness of submission is important as a denial will require compliance with the procedures specified in this directive.
- Approval provides exemption from the requirements of DOE N. 142.1.
- Disapproval reasserts all requirements of DOE N. 42.1 and requires requests and processing for all foreign national attendees.
- Once reviewed, the signed form will be returned to the sponsoring organization and a copy sent from the Laboratory Deputy Director for Operations Office to the BNL FVA Administrator.